Followers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Special Occasions Calendar

I've got a few projects to share with you the next few days, or really, as I get to them. :)  This first one is a project that I made in less than 30 minutes yesterday--that's the computer work AND putting it together!


My mother and I were talking about how we always forget my sisters' husbands' birthdays and that we needed a calendar to keep track of them and other family members' special days as well.  We went online and found a bunch that we could buy, but we wanted them last night and we weren't willing to pay $7 and up.  We're FRUGAL, not cheap. ;)

So, what did I do?  I got onto the computer and made a quick and easy Special Occasions Calendar for us!!!  It was totally simple!

Here's the finished project~

Hanging near my craft area.
Details~




So, do you want to make one?  Good!  All you have to do is print THIS FILE and then cut the papers in half (at 4.25").  Here's some more info about the file, though...I created different colored fronts, so don't just print the file.  Choose which front you want.  I printed the month pages on regular copy paper and the fronts onto cardstock.  I also used a plain white sheet of cardstock for the back.

Some more info.  Did you see the ribbon keeping it together?  That is the cheapest most frugal way to do this!  Just punch two holes into each page, stick the ribbon in BACKWARDS, then fold the ribbon over and push it back through the opposite hole.  I also added a magnet to the back of mine so I could hang it near my craft station for easy access!

Okay, so please feel free to use this for PERSONAL USE ONLY!  More info about disclaimers and printing policies can be found under the tab up top!  Happy printing!

2 comments:

Sara I. said...

Absolutely LOVE this!!! I've been needing something like this for years lol!! Thank you for the file - I have to totally do this this weekend!! Thanks for your blog visit the other day! Your comment totally made my day and gave me a smile :). I really appreciate it :). Xx. Happy new year to you and your family!

Kelly said...

What a wonderful idea, and so cute!