Followers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcoming Womanhood: Taco Soup

I thought I'd share a quick, easy, and OH SO GOOD recipe this week!  I love finding new recipes, and when my sister-in-law made this for a family dinner, I KNEW I would make it again and again!  We eat it about 2-3 times a month as it is a family favorite!  I've modified her version, though, so I'm giving you MY version! ;)

Taco Soup

 

 Ingredients:
5 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes (keep liquid)
1 can corn
1 can black beans (drained & cleaned)
1 can kidney beans (drained & cleaned)
1/4-1 lb. cooked ground hamburger (we use less because of the beans)
OR
1-3 cups shredded chicken
1 packet taco seasoning


Combine all ingredients (MAKE SURE HAMBURGER IS COOKED AND DRAINED FIRST) into a large pot, bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.  Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips!

TIP: Make a double batch and freeze for easy lunches, another family meal, or to take for compassionate service purposes! :)

No comments: