Followers

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Move Forward Together

Moment of truth here. I used to place value on my worth based on callings that I received. This is not only a dangerous practice, but one that leads ultimately to unhappiness and an unwillingness to do what the Lord would have us do. I have found that each calling is just as important as the next, although I still feel that anyone who teaches young children (especially in nursery) have the most vital callings.

As I have come in contact with other people, I can see the difference in those who understand that their worth is NEVER tied to a calling and those who cannot divide the two. Those who don't tie their worth to their calling are much more kind, loving, and willing to serve outside of their callings and just generally do good. I'm not saying that those who keep the two connected never do good, I am saying it seems more difficult for them to look outside their realm and realize that their responsibility is to all mankind, not just those they are called to serve in this moment.

Today I came across THIS ARTICLE which really spoke to me. The main focus was that callings are not about stepping up or down. They are about moving forward. Here is the print I made for the article:


My goal this week is to help others move forward, whether they are baptized members of the Church or not. I hope you join me!

No comments: