Followers

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Become

Happy Sabbath, friends! This week's post is about what God wants us to become. Specifically, it's about what I know He wants me to become. The newest Mormon Message hit me powerfully today as I watched it. In it, the man speaking shares about losing both parents at a young age and the need he had and has to rely on the Lord for strength to overcome and persevere. I love hearing these stories of how the Lord strengthens His children!

My own journey to become what God would have me be has most definitely not been what I had planned. My husband and I planned to have six children, and I would be a stay-at-home mom to fulfill the role of motherhood in the way I felt God needed me to. Instead of having children, however, we have been blessed to not have them.

That statement probably sounds strange to some of you, and may even be offensive. It isn't meant to be. It is a statement of contentment knowing that the Lord has greater plans for me than what I thought should be. It is not meant to undermine or demean those who are blessed to have children and raise them. It is my acceptance of the Lord's will, and my desire to continue on the path HE has for me instead of my own.

I could share with you all about our journey through infertility, but that is not what my focus is this week. Instead, I wanted to share with you all what I have been able to BECOME because He knows better than I do what I need.  Here is the list of what He has helped me become:

  1. A wife and eternal companion in a relationship that values open communication, trust, and support of each other.
  2. The mother of a fur-baby pup that has given me joy that I never understood, but now can't live without.
  3. A teacher of children from all walks of life who need to feel the influence of the Spirit in some way, and I strive to do that daily.
  4. A colleague that values the opinion and wisdom of others, who understands that we are better together than alone.
  5. A daughter of God who trusts that His ways will always lead me where I need to go, tell me what I can do in any given situation, and allows me to repent daily.
I'm sure that I could go on, but that's all that I have for now. I created another printable to help me remember that God is continually helping me to BECOME what He would have me be. I made it in a variety of colors, hoping that each of you can find one you love!






Thank you for stopping by again today! I hope that you have been uplifted and can see all that God is helping YOU to become. You are wonderful, amazing, beautiful, talented, and, above all, His child. Wishing you peace this week, and always!

No comments: