Followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Strong Families Start With Strong Marriages

Since I'm home sick, I thought I'd share another printable with you really quickly!  This one features a quote from Elder Perry's talk about becoming goodly parents.  I used a quote about marriage as the focus.  You might find this strange that I would focus on a quote about marriage from a talk about parenting, but it has been my experience that you can only be a goodly parent if you are living in harmony within your marriage first.

Here is the quote~

I am so grateful to have the husband that I have.  I know some of you might get sick of me saying this, but my husband is the best man in the world!  This week as I've been sick, he has taken care of me like nobody else--not even my mother--ever has or will.  He is just amazing. 

I know that as we continually strive to make our marriages second priority in our lives--second only to our relationship with God--that we will find so much more happiness and peace in this world.  Marriage is the only way that men can become like God.  It is the foundation for a happy home and happy families. 

Any time that I felt unhappy with my life during our short stint with foster care, I knew that I needed to work on strengthening my marriage.  It helped me get through it.  Anytime I feel that something in my life is not right now, striving to strengthen my marriage has opened up windows to me about what I need to do to become more perfect.  These insights usually come as my dear love and I talk to each other nightly about everything. 

I am so grateful to God for the amazing husband that I have.  I am grateful for my husband's parents who prepared him to be the man he is today.  I am grateful for the Atonement of the Savior that helps my husband and me to perfect our marriage and our lives.  I hope that each of you takes the time today to do something to strengthen your marriage.  It will bless you in ways that you never thought possible!

Please feel free to use this printable for PERSONAL USE ONLY.  More info about printing policies and disclaimers can be found under the tab at the top of my blog.  Happy printing! :)

No comments: