Followers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Teaching Children About God

Well, they've done it again!  Each week, the girls over at Word Art Wednesday somehow manage to KNOW what verse of scripture I need to read and ponder.  This week it's Isaiah 54:13.  Before I tell you WHY I needed this, I'll share my digi print and free word art for this verse!

Here's the print~

Verse~

Okay, so now I will tell you why I needed this verse.  I teach the 4, 5, and 6 year old kids at church with my DH.  This past week was really rough.  I won't go into details, but honestly, I was about to quit.   And if you know me, it really takes a lot for me to quit--I work with children who have special needs as my job!

So, anyway, I was about to quit.  My DH and I discussed things and he gave some good ideas on what could help us in our calling.  I felt a bit better, but I was still just done with things.  And then, this verse.  Yes.  This is my calling.  I do not have kids of my own, but I do have  kids!  And I have been called to teach them about God.  The most important things they will ever learn.  How can I quit?!  I have the responsibility and will be given the ability to teach these children where to find PEACE in a world that is in serious need of it!  And if I really love God, I will do what He asks me to do.

Which leads me to the fact that I didn't post my digi print from last week!  So, I will share it here, too, as it goes along with my story.

Here it is~

Thanks, girls!  Because of the verses that you chose this week and last, I am not going to quit!  I hope that this post helps you to realize that you, too, can do hard things and that they are worth it!  I hope you find comfort and peace as you continue in your search for happiness.

I appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes for the WAW team, Hazel, Darlene, andCourtney and all of your willingness to share with the rest of us!  I hope you have a fabulous rest of your week and a restful Sabbath later on! :)

Linking this post to: Word Art Wednesday, Tell Me a Story, Titus 2sdays, Women Living Well.

11 comments:

a joyful noise said...

Thank you for sharing your awesome post at "Tell Me a Story." I am so happy you were encouraged by those who shared just the right scripture to help you decide NOT to quit! Children need to learn how God loves them and How Jesus is the Good shepherd who cares for His sheep. Keep up the good work.

Karen Letchworth said...

Great job, as always Mynnette. Your art always brings a smile to my heart!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This card is so precious, simply beautiful. Hugs

Carol said...

Isn't it great how the Lord provides just what we need to get through tough times. Thanks for you work with children in church. It takes special people to do that week after week. I am sure your church is blessed by you guys. O'yes I like your digis too!

trisha too said...

Mynnette, I was was recently having a similar situation, even though there wasn't anything in particular wrong, just a little case of burnout. And I was, you know, complaining a little to God, the whole "I really just can't do this anymore," and got back a you don't have to do this, I can take care of it--you know, the "I can do all things through Christ . . ." Well that was a relief, let me tell you! And a "duh," one of those things I know, but forget. ***sigh***

And this week we're doing VBS, so this verse for WAW is PERFECT!!!! But like I said, this week is VBS, so I sure won't be joining in the challenge!

:)trisha

Gemiel said...

Mynnette, I just love your digital art this week. The colors are so bright and cheery, perfect for a scripture about children. I am so happy to hear that the WAW verses inspired you not to quit. Isn't that just like God!!! He know exactly what we need, we just have to be still and listen. Thanks for sharing with us at WAW this week. Blessings!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a gorgeous card!! Thanks for sharing your heart! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Such a lovely verse to use for your card, one of my favorites :)

Sharing bloggy love, visiting from Wordless Wednesdays
xo, Kristina
Come visit and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com

Anonymous said...

There are times as a parent where quitting would have been easier - raising teens can overwhelm you beyond yourself - and the one thing I have learned that with unconditional love, 1)it is a choice to not quit - and 2) learning how to see my children as God sees them changes the entire perception - even in the midst of the most uncomfortable scenes imaginable.

So glad your didn't give up!
http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/unconditional-love-rules/

Marlena M. said...

Mynnette, thank you for sharing your beautiful work at Word Art Wednesday. ;)

joy said...

What a nice post of encouragement of not giving up and your arts are really amazing:) Thanks for sharing. Drooping by from"Tell me a story"