Followers

Friday, January 24, 2014

Key to My Heart

Well, this is the third and final Valentine post for me this week!  I hope you've been enjoying the prints I've created for you!

I've got just this last one, so I want to know--WHAT TO MAKE NEXT?!  I've got a print that I've made for the beginning of next week that is all artsy and about creating, but I would like to know what things you'd like to have around for your inspiration!  Leave me a comment below and I'll try to make your wishes come true! :)

And now...let's take a peek at the print!  This one is smaller than the other's I've made--they've all been 8" x 10" and this is a 4" x 6" print.

Here it is~

I went for a bit more shabby chic and used some different colors on this one.  I think it's so pretty!  I hope you agree!

Today I'd like to just talk about how much I love my hubby.  He hates it when I sing his praises, but I honestly couldn't ask for a better man.  He serves me daily, spoils me, and puts my needs first.  I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I will be ever grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be his eternal companion!

I'm striving to strengthen my marriage by doing a few things.  I'd like to share them with you because I've seen such a positive effect on my relationship with my sweetheart.  Some of these may be no-brainers for some of you, but I think they're good reminders!

  1. Lessen time spent on electronic devices and in front of the TV when with your husband.  We had gotten into a bad habit of just sitting down to watch the telly each night and not really talking to each other.  I also had let my blogging and other electronic fun stuff get in the way.  I'm still working on this, but I'm trying to make sure that I spend less time involved with the internet than my eternal companion.  I dare say the internet won't matter too terribly much in the hereafter...
  2. Eat meals together.  Yes.  I said mealS.  Plural.  I know when kids are involved that it is hard to eat breakfast together, but try to.  I've been trying to make sure I breakfast and dinner with my husband every day and it makes a huge difference!  Instead of leaving a cold and silent house, I can let my hubby know his day is important to me and that I want it to go well.  This has been especially important when he has stressful things going on at work.  I want him to look forward to coming home!
  3. Encourage your husband to share his feelings.  Yep.  Men don't like to do this.  I've been working my entire marriage on this, and I feel like FINALLY, after 9 1/2 years of marriage, I know more about how my husband is feeling than I ever have before.  I have made sure that my husband knows that what we talk about will always be kept confidential if he wants it to be.  He can trust me and I can trust him. It's wonderful to have that kind of relationship!
Yes, we pray together and read scriptures together, so that isn't something NEW I'm working on.  But that is literally what has kept our marriage together through all the difficulties we've encountered.  Serving God together also strengthens our relationship.

So, second question of the post.  How do you strengthen your marriage?  Let's share and help each other out by encouraging positive practices! :)  AND--don't forget to grab the print above and use it for PERSONAL USE ONLY. HUGS to you all!


No comments: