Followers

Monday, November 26, 2012

Ask the missionaries...

So, I was very grateful for Elder Nelson's talk because I never really thought of asking the missionaries to help me with things other than moving furniture or teaching a non-member friend.  Seriously.  Don't laugh!  I just never had...and his talk has made me realize that all of the things that are required of missionaries are also required of us.  So really, when he told us to ask the missionaries because they can help, doesn't that apply to us all?

I'm currently trying to be more watchful and prayerful about my ability to serve others.  I feel that I have not done a good job in the past and that I could widen my sphere of influence for good in a way that would please the Lord.  Because this is a personal matter, I won't share specifics, but I do feel a great difference in my life and I feel so much happier and blessed because of the opportunities that have come my way to serve those around me!

Also, this talk brought back memories of an adult session of Stake Conference that we had a little while ago.  We had an Area 70 with us and he did something that I found very thought provoking.  He asked the full time missionaries to stand.  The missionaries that had been called to our mission all stood.  He stated that he felt that he had been misunderstood.  He said that these were the part time missionaries.  They would only be in our area between 18 and 24 months before leaving and returning home.  He asked them to sit.  He then asked for those who were living in our are full time to stand.  We all stood.  Then he explained that we were the true full time missionaries in our area.  That really got me thinking.

Anyway, I created this printable with the missionary name tag in mind.  I want to print it out and put it somewhere I can see it on a regular basis so that it reminds me to ask for help when I need it and also to remind me that I need to be more aware of how I can serve as a member missionary.  I hope you can use it, too!

Here it is~


Please feel free to use it FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.  More disclaimers and policies about printing can be found under the tab above.  Happy printing! :)  And stay tuned...there are more General Conference prints to come! :)

No comments: